New Year in Cusco
In the morning, we will get away from the crowds to visit Sacsayhuaman, an impressive citadel full of colossal fortress surrounded by beautiful landscapes in complete communion with nature. We will then continue to the Inca shrine of Qenqo, with its awesome altar for sacrifices embedded in the side of the rock. We will finally reach the Puca Pucara watchtower and Tambomachay, a monument of noticeable architectural excellence, considered one of the pillars of the Andean view of the world.
Lunch will be at MAP Café. Located in the court of the Pre-Columbian Art Museum, MAP Café is engaged in waiting on its customers with the best of contemporary Peruvian high cuisine. MAP Café is well-known for its integrating dishes, added to first rate service. The contrast between the minimalist modern crystal structure of the restaurant and the architecture of the Colonial court where it is located exemplifies the fusion between the old and the new which is illustrated in its menu. MAP Café outstands for a great bilingual service and a vast list of wines and an unforgettable gastronomic experience.
We will have the rest of the afternoon at leisure to walk around the city at our own. At night, we will be transferred to the Fallen Angel restaurant to have our New Year’s Eve lunch. At midnight, we will go with all our friends from the restaurant in a big colorful traditional parade around the streets and celebrate around the Main Square sharing a magical time with other locals and visitors. There, we will spend the very first minutes of 2014 and then we will come back to the restaurant to have fun the rest of the evening.
DRESS CODE FOR THE PARTY: White
Overnight in Cusco
Note: Transportation back to the hotel after the party is not included.
We will have the morning at leisure and to recuperate from the night before
In the afternoon, we will be transferred to the Ollantaytambo train station at the Sacred Valley to take our train to Aguas Calientes, an small village on the steps of the Machu Picchu
The train that will take us there is the modern Vistadome with glass on the
At our arrival, we will check in at our hotel Sumac, the only 5 stars hotel in the village with an architecture inspired in the enigmatic city of Machu Picchu.
At night we will experience an special culinary demostration by the chef at the hotel.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
Early morning, our staff will assist us on boarding the bus to go up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. After a guided visit, we will have time enough to enjoy the city at our own pace and be connected with the energy of the place. In the afternoon, we will return back to Aguas Calientes to have lunch at Café Inkaterra, one of the best restaurants of the area.
At the arranged time, we will take the train to the Sacred Valley, where we will be transferred to our hotel Sol y Luna. After check in, we will go to Wayra restaurant, where we will have dinner.
Overnight at the Sacred Valley
Today, the Sacred Valley of the Incas will surprise us. We will head for Ollantaytambo, a picturesque town which has been inhabited non-stop since the Inca times, where we will visit the temple with the same name, used as a fortress during the Inca resistance and where we will be able to get collection snapshots. We will then visit the workshop of the artisan Pablo Seminario, famous for the pottery he makes with his expert hands; each piece is unique and the colors and shapes have a special beauty.
For lunch we have thought of a special place, the Huayoccari Estate House, one of the best places after an active excursion to the valley. The estate owners are the Lambarri Orihuela family, residents in the valley for over 350 years, who will be our hosts. Let ourselves be dazzled by the architecture of the estate, its history and an impressive view over the Sacred Valley while the last touches to lunch are made. After admiring the family’s private collection of local art, enjoy a meal prepared with fresh ingredients grown in the estate and served in the garden.
We will then reach the traditional Pisac Market, where we will have free time to tour it and by handicrafts. If you want to taste something traditional, go to the wood ovens and try the bread and empanadas. Arrival to the hotel in Cusco
Overnight in Cusco.
Desde U$S 4,650
- All transfers, visits and excursions on Private Basis.
- Transfers, tours, meals and entrances as mentioned on the detailed program.
- 4 Lunch (1 as a snack)
- 3 Dinners
- 1 Culinary Class by chef follow by dinner
- New Year’s Eve Party and Dinner at Fallen Angel that includes:
- Buffet dinner
- Wings as part of the dress code
- A bottle of bubbly wine per person
- 10 “coins”, to be changed by 05 beverage from the Open Bar until 2:00am
- OPEN BAR
- Vodka with Orange juice or Sprite
- Ron & Coke
- Gin & Tonic water
- Pisco & Chilcanos
- A bottle of bubbly wine per person
- (After that it will be possible to purchase more drinkings)
- Private Guided tour to Machu Picchu full day on Vistadome train service
- 1 bottle of water per person per day
- International air tickets.
- Domestic air tickets.
- Airport taxes
- Optional activities or additional services
- Meals not mentioned on the program.
- Personal expenses
- Tips for transfers, guides or waitress.
- At the moment of the booking and confirmation we will collect a deposit of USD $200 non-refundable in case of cancelation. This payment will be at the moment of the final Payment.
- 80 days prior group arrival (October 8th) we require 50% of the total payment.
- 55 days prior group arrival (November 5th) we require full payment.
- 65 days prior group arrival, there will be no cancellation fees except for the U$D 200 for the booking and confirmation fee
- Less than 65 days, cancellation fees may be charged, according to supplier’s charges.
- We do not accepts partial cancelations. Will be not refund for missing meals, tours or trips, classes, New Year’s Eve party, etc.
Route to Machu Picchu
a) Carry-on Baggage Allowance:
Especially on the route Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo, to ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers on board, each passenger may take
The train ticket allows ONLY the transportation of the Client and their hand luggage according to the following measures:
- 1 bag or backpack
- 62 inches/157cm (length + height + width)